Antique Rugs & Carpets
The Fred Moheban Gallery located in Manhattan / New York City, is a fine purveyor of antique rugs and carpets. Whether called antique Persian rugs or carpets, silk Persians, Heriz Persians, antique Oriental rugs or antique European carpets – the most prized floor weavings in the world go by a variety of similar names. For over 50 years, our passion has been to find the rare antique rug or carpet that connotes the true artist, sometimes in those pieces that signify universal beauty through a grand palace-sized carpet, a room-sized jewel, or even a small prayer rug.
We are here to help rug collectors who are trying to find some of the finest, rarest, and most opulent area rugs. Our collection of antique rugs and carpets spans the great weaving traditions of the 18th and 19th centuries and includes: from Persia, Heriz, Kashan, Sarouk, Serapi, Sultanabad and Tabriz; from Turkey, Oushak; from France, Aubusson and Savonnerie; from India, Agra and Amritsar; and from the Caucasus and Bessarabia.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive range of services for the most discerning collectors, including cleaning, restoration, maintenance, and preservation. Visit our NYC rug gallery to shop our collection of spectacular rugs and carpets in person. If you’re unable to visit us in person, feel free to browse and search our area rugs online on our website, where you can also see our vast selection of exquisitely crafted carpets.
Our featured collections have been made in a variety of styles and designs, reflecting the cultural influences and traditions of the regions where they were made.
These collections are highly prized for their beauty and quality, and are considered to be works of art. They can be used as decorative pieces in homes and businesses, and are also collected by enthusiasts.
Antique Rugs By Origin Includes:
- Antique Caucasian Rugs Collectibles: Akstafa, Baku Khilla, Bidjov, Cabistan, Dagestan, Dereband, Gendje, Karabagh, Karaghashli, Kazak, Konagend, Kuba, Lesghi, Mirasali, Prepedil, Seychor, Shikli, Shirvan, Soumak, Talish, Verneh
- Antique Chinese Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique European Rugs Collectibles: Art Deco, Aubusson, Axminster, Besserabian, Donegal, Eastern European Flatweave, English Needlework, English Pile, French Needlework, Savonnerie, Spanish Cuenca, Spanish Savonnerie, Ukranian
- Antique Indian Rugs Collectibles: Agra, Agra Mirzapour, Amritsar, Lahore, North Indian, Nundah (Hand Stitch)
- Antique Jerusalem Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Bezalel Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Kilim & Flatweave Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Oriental Rugs and Carpets Collectibles:
- Antique Persian Rugs Collectibles: Bakhtiari, Bakshaish, Bibikabad, Bidjar, Doroksh, Fereghan, Hamadan, Herat, Isphahan, Joshegan, Karadja, Kashan, Khorossan, Kurdish, Lavar & Kerman, Lilihan, Loristan, Malayer, Meshed, Mir, Nain, Northwest Persian, Qashqai, Qum, Sarouk, Senna, Serapi & Heriz, Shiraz, Souj Boulak, Sultanabad, Tabriz, Teheran, Veramin, Zili, Sultan
- Antique Persian Tribal Rugs Collectibles: Afshar, Kurdish, Shiraz, Qashqai
- Antique Samarkand & Khotan Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Silks Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Tapestries Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Tibetan Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Transylvanian Rugs Collectibles:
- Antique Tribal Rugs Collectibles: Azmalyk, Baluch, Beshir, Bokhara, Chodor, Chodor Engsi, Ersari, Salor, Saryk, Saryk Engsi, Tekke, Tekke, Engsi, Turkeman, Yomud, Yomud Engsi
- Antique Turkish Rugs Collectibles: Angora Oushak, Borlu, Ghiordes, Hereke, Oushak, Sivas, Bergama, East Anatolian, Ghiordes, Karapinar, Konya, Kula, Ladik, Melas, Mudjar, Yuruk
Antique Rugs By Time Period:
Early 19th Century
Late 19th Century
Early 20th Century
Mid 20th Century
Antique Rugs By Style:
Antique Rugs By Size:
Small Size (3×5 to 5×8)
Room Size (6×9 to 12×15)
Oversize (12×16 and up)
Gallery and Runner Size